Mint Pesto Salmon & Roasted Spring Vegetables
Recipe & Photo by: The Empowerist
“Each bite paired with the roasted sweet grape is simply divine, and the Date Lady Balsamic Date Vinegar balances out the pesto perfectly. I hope you enjoy this delicious dish.” – Carly with The Empowerist
Ingredients for Mint Pesto
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup mint
1/3 cup cilantro
1 Tbsp olive oil
Squeeze of fresh lemon (1 wedge)
1 handful of slivered almonds
1 tsp Date Lady Balsamic Date Vinegar
Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
Instructions for Mint Pesto
1. In a food processor, place your whole garlic clove, mint, cilantro, olive oil, lemon, almonds and Date Lady Balsamic Date Vinegar.
2. Lightly season with sea salt and pepper and allow to process until pesto is creamy. If needed, add more olive oil and adjust seasons to preferred taste.
Ingredients for Roasted Fruits & Vegetables, and Salmon
4 sprigs of jumbo asparagus
5 red grapes
4 oz. Atlantic salmon
Olive Oil for roasting
Sea salt & Pepper for seasoning
Instructions for Roasted Spring Vegetables & Fruit
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and wash all fruits, herbs and vegetables.
2. In a sheet pan, place your asparagus and peeled endive onto the pan. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
3. Place into the oven for 10-15 minutes until roasted evenly.
4. For last half of the roasted process, place your halved grapes onto the sheet pan and allow to roast for 5-7 minutes.
Instructions for Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Turn your skillet on medium heat and lightly coat with olive oil.
3. Coat salmon with a drizzle of olive oil on the skin-side. On the top (pink-part) evenly top with your mint pesto. Place salmon, skin-side down onto the skillet.
4. Allow salmon to cook for 6 minutes until skin is nice and crisp, then transfer salmon to the oven and bake until opaque, about 6 minutes.
5. Plate your roasted veggies, grapes and salmon. Season with fresh sea salt and pepper and enjoy immediately!
If you make this recipe at home, be sure to tag us!
@thedatelady #datelady and @TheEmpowerist #TheEmpowerist