Though traveling can be a relaxing break from a hectic holiday season, it can also be a source of extra calories during an already indulgent time of year. Plan ahead and make these Date + Oat Bars for a nutritious and hunger-satisfying snack. Plus, you’ll be fully prepared when the next unexpected weather or traffic delay hits.
Share your favorite travel snacks and follow along with the tag #SnackstoPack as we share wholesome recipes for on-the-go lifestyles.
Date + Oat Bars
1/2 cup Date Lady Pure Date Syrup
2 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
1 Tbsp coconut oil
3/4 cup old fashioned oats*
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup pretzels*, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup Date Lady Organic Dates
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut flakes
1 Tbsp chia seeds
*can use gluten-free
1. Line 8X8 baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil. Leave a few inches of overhang on sides for easy removal. Generously spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add Date Lady Pure Date Syrup, sunflower seed butter and coconut oil to saucepan on low-medium heat. Stir until ingredients melted and combined. Remove from heat. Allow to thicken.
3. Combine remaining ingredients, including Date Lady Organic Dates, in large mixing bowl. Stir until evenly distributed.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Spread evenly and press down firmly.
6. Cover pan with a sheet of foil and place in fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
7. When bars have set, cut into individual portions. Store bars in fridge for best results.